Sunday, May 22, 2011

Post-Rapture


Talk about deserving a re-posting. Kudos to whomever was creative enough to photoshop this.

How was my day of judgement, you ask? Great, actually, besides finding a used 100-watt tube head for under $400 (fuck YES) I saw a band near and dear to me. Close to my heart.

Last night at the Biz, Strike Anywhere played. It was an amazing time. I'm so pleased everything worked out.

Change Is A Sound is one of my all-time favorite albums and was totally life changing to a sixteen year-old me. Besides being one of the early albums that I learned to play guitar to, it was, from a lyrical and thematic angle, just so significant. Every song had a life or death seriousness to it that completely resonated with me. Last night, years and years after the fact, even though I haven't listened to that band in ages, it all came flooding back. Sincere songs about holding strong against the outrages of society. About smashing through the boundaries that are superimposed over the human race: nationalism, capitalism, patriarchy, etc, for the sake of a world based on mutual respect, dignity, and reciprocity. Fuck yeah. Yeah, that shit ruled.

If you've never checked that album out, consider it. Buy it or go out and see them if you're into it. It's no Malevolent Creation but it's a completely essential album, as far as I'm concerned. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for songs about murder.


Yeah we're ungrateful for
Holy books, religious men
Values of beauty, original sin
And all this time we unwind it
I won't give up, I'm not afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah??