Friday, June 24, 2011

Check out this fucking band

I'm in the middle of fine-tuning a longer post, so for now, here's something else.

ILSA is from the DC area and sound like some kind of unholy alliance of Bolt Thrower's post-grind menace, the raw hatred of Canada's Cursed (RIP), and the sheer filth one finds in Sunlight Studio.

The first time I heard the full-length, I thought the production might have been a little too unpolished, I had wished that the guitars were pushed a little closer to the front, and, most importantly, I wished everything got reverbed a least a little bit. I still feel that way but it's definitely grown on me since. At the end of the day, this is still a very enjoyable slab of unrelenting, raw, punkish, doom-like death metal.

They've got a split coming up soon with Hooded Menace, which is plenty exciting.

If you enjoy the full length, cough up some dough for them if you see them on tour, or perhaps pick up the split.

All the Colors of the Dark [Link]

In other news...

I figured out a mounting solution (that's what she said??) for my smaller rack tom on my drum kit and it's working GREAT. It's the first time in a while I've been able to figure out a way to have all three rack toms up in places where they "work."

I found a refurbished Xbox 360 and I bought it. This is such a fucking mistake. I'm just going to play Fallout 3 for the rest of my life.

I'm confused by the Cavalier's draft pick. Williams, to me at least, seemed like a sounder choice than Kyrie Irving. No one seems to agree with me on this, maybe there is something I'm missing.

I'm hungry.

-W.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah??