Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meanwhile on the Internet...

An unholy junta of Lars Ulrich and the Man have shut down Megaupload, a day after the SOPA/PIPA blackout. I've heard rumors that Mediafire is next, which is frankly disturbing.


If this is the way it's going to be, I'd first like to bid a fond farewell to Megaupload -- I can't even imagine how many great albums I've gotten off of there throughout the years.

Second, to the groups trying to shut the free exchange of art down: You fuckers can't win. Even if you kill Megaupload, Mediafire, Rapidshare, The Pirate Bay, etc etc etc, something else will spring up in its place. Hell, Soulseek is still active. In the spirit of this post, I'm going to go download some bad, major label album made by some jaded millionaire and I would like to see someone stop me.

Suck it.

Time's article

-W.F.

EDIT, POST-SCRIPT

...and wouldn't you know it, hours later Anonymous brought down the Universal Music and Department of Justice websites, respectively, with one of those directed denial of service attacks, or whatever those are. Ha! HA!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I dunno what exactly they're planning on charging them with. Last I checked, websites can't be held responsible for what their users post.

    I mean, they might as well shut down AIM, MSN messenger, and every e-mail service ever, because who KNOWS how many mp3s have been sent with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I'm waiting to see their angle. Bah.

    ReplyDelete

Oh yeah??