Monday, January 16, 2012

Stalling For Time While I work on the 2011 Favorites, I mean "Zombie Grinder"

Briefly...

There's terrific playoff football on the tube these days

It's been single-digit weather here and there for about the past week. No major complaints, but uhhh, it is what it is.

I've got job orientation bright and early on Wednesday and I'm damn relieved to actually be starting to make money again

Bammo!


Inhume are a Dutch grinding death metal band (or whichever is your preferred combination of those modifiers) who have been around since the nineties. I didn't hear them until maybe late 2010(?) by way of their awesome full length from that year, Moulding the Deformed. Like when I first heard Funebrarum, the first description that came to mind was "old school yet still brutal as hell."

(Quick story: About a week ago, I was actually listening to this on the bus on the way to getting tattooed a little bit. Later that day, I couldn't help noticing the Inhume sticker on the artist's mini-fridge. Naturally, I had to ask and it turned out the dude had one time played a show in the Netherlands that featured an Inhume side-project. Funny coincidence. He actually even had a spare patch lying around that he gave to me. Woo! Time in.)

In short, this a necksnapping soundtrack to elbow-dropping a bunch of little brats in Starbucks who wont shut up while you're trying to read the news. The riffs aren't really that complex or anything, it's all just straight forward, chainsaw tremolo picking and power chords over classic grind beats. Special mention for the vocals, which combine burly grunts with hideous Corpsegrinder-esque shrieks.




Turns out there's also a flash game of the same name as the title of the above song, which Inhume contributed a song to. Dunno which came first.

Check this shit out and cough up some money.

Inhume official

"Moulding...[Import]"

"Moulding... [EU]"


Trial version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah??